We follow Government Covid-19 Guidelines and have been awarded the ‘Good to Go’ Covid-19 Industry Standard Certificate by VisitEngland.
In line with all other self-catering cottages in England, we are currently closed.
However, we are accepting bookings for dates after 12th April 2021 when we anticipate we may be allowed to re-open.
Covid Safety Measures
In accordance with Govenment Covid Guidelines:
- We have given additional cleaning time to our Cleaner at each changeover.
- In addition to general cleaning, high touch surfaces are sanitised at changeover of guests. This includes the key safe, keys, door handles, light switches, remote controls, taps, baby equipment, kitchen and bathroom worktops and appliances, covers of guest handbook and visitors' book and other high-touch areas
- Pillow protectors, mattress protectors, cushions and throws are changed at each guest changeover.
We ask all guests to respect our neighbours and others in the town by following Covid social distance guidelines. Unless medically exempt, please wear a mask in shops and in busy areas and wash hands regularly. Hand-wash is provided in the kitchen and in the bathroom.
We strongly encourage guests to follow these good practice guidelines.
- On arrival we encourage guests to use the Government Covid app on their phones to scan our property's QR Code. This is located near the entrance. This enables them to be notified if they are close to any Covid infected person when out and about during their holiday.
- As an additional safety measure and to give guests peace of mind, we encourage guests on arrival to put all the crockery and cutlery likely to be used during their stay through the dishwasher. Dishwasher tablets are provided.
- Should they choose to do so, guests are welcome to make use of the maps, books, games, toys, and information leaflets in the house but we encourage them to wash hands before and after using them.
- There is Hosehold Covid Sanitiser under the sink should guests wish to use it again during their stay.
Covid Symptoms at the Time of Your Holiday
- Your holiday to our cottage must not proceed if any member of your party has been asked to self-isolate or if any guest in your party has Covid symptoms when they are due to travel.
- If any guest in your party develops Covid symptoms during the holiday they must inform us immediately by telephone or email. In such circumstances all guests must go home.
Transfers and Refunds
- If you have booked directly with us and Government advice or legislation prevents your holiday from proceeding you will be offered the choice of a transfer to an alternative date or a full refund of money paid.
- You must cancel your holiday if, at the time of your holiday, any guests on your booking have become infected by Covid.
- You must also cancel your holiday if, at the time of your holiday, any members of your party have been told to self-isolate because of having been in contact with a positive Covid case.
- In such cases if you have booked directly with us, we will offer to transfer your holiday to another date or give you a full refund of money paid.